Color offers affordable, accessible, and actionable clinical-grade genetic testing to help people understand their risk for genetic conditions, including common hereditary cancers and inherited heart conditions. The company's service includes complimentary access to board-certified genetic counselors to help customers and their healthcare providers best understand their results, and then use those results to develop personalized screening and prevention plans. Here's how Color works:
- Users purchase their physician-ordered Color test online, provide a saliva sample at home, and mail it back.
- Color then sends the results, including risks for selected hereditary disorders and personalized screening guidelines.
- Users also get to talk to a board-certified genetic counselor who will help answer their questions and discuss next steps.
- From there, users and their healthcare providers can use the results to create a customized health management plan.
- Finally, Color provides updates with any changes to the guidelines, risk information, or variant classification.
Select investors Formation 8, General Catalyst, Innovation Endeavors, Khosla Ventures, AME Cloud Ventures, LeFrak, Brainchild Holdings, Caffeinated Capital, Max Levchin
Last update: May 26, 2018
Disclaimer: We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. more