Clue helps women to understand their menstrual cycle patterns better and learn about their reproductive health. It does that through its period tracking app, which combines science and technology to allow women to learn, access, and talk about menstrual and reproductive health around the world. While basic period tracking features are available for free, the premium subscription called "Clue Plus" offers subscribers additional evidence-based features and advanced insights. Further, subscribers can access modes like Clue Conceive, a CE-marked Clue feature to accompany users on their conception journey.
Last round 🔗 €7M
April 4, 2023.
April 4, 2023.
Key people 🧑🤝🧑
- Large user base: As of April 2023, Clue is used by 11 million people in over 190 countries. Also, it has 4.5 million monthly article readers.
- Users love it: The Clue app has a 4.8-star score based on over 2 million ratings.
- FDA-cleared digital contraceptive: Clue Birth Control uses tracked period start dates to allow women to monitor their fertility and prevent pregnancy. It combines the user's menstrual cycle data with a mathematical model derived from clinical research data to predict which days they are at high or low risk for pregnancy.
- A femtech founder: One of Clue's co-founders, Ida Tin, coined the term femtech in 2016 to define the group of technologies that are designed to support and advance women's healthcare.
- Media love: Clue had its fair share of media exposure, including in such publications as Cosmopolitan, Bloomberg, Wired, TechCrunch, Business Insider, and Glamour, to name a few.
Awards & Recognitions 🏆
- 2016 American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG) rated Clue the number one period tracking app
- 2015 Wired: Among the Hottest Startups
Clue has positioned itself as a category-defining product within femtech. They have built a friendly, user-centric product rooted in an evidence-based and medical-grade level of rigour with half the planet as potential customers over their lifetime.
— Colin Hanna, Partner at Balderton 🔗
Last update: April 26, 2023
Disclaimer: We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. more