Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
Funding Amount: $24.5M
Select investors: SICPA, Horizons Ventures, FitOne Capital, Ambient Sound Investments
Guardtime is one of the largest providers of enterprise blockchain-based security systems. Its technology uses a Keyless Signature Infrastructure (KSI) to provide large-scale data authentication. The company struck a partnership with the Estonian e-Health Authority in March 2016 to secure over 1 million patient records. The company's offering also includes VaccineGuard, which is a distributed data exchange platform for vaccination campaign management that enables counterfeit and diversion detection, vaccine allocation prioritization, just-in-time stock and supply, pinpoint recall and rapid adverse reaction detection. In addition to healthcare, Guardtime also operates in other sectors — including advertising, defense, government and financial services.
Select partners: Estonia's Central Bank, Estonian Government, Hungarian Government, Swedish Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry, European Space Agency, Verizon, NATO, Putian Hospital Group, KPMG, EDF, Lockheed Martin.
👥 Key people:
- Ahto Buldas - Co-Founder and Chief Scientist
- Mike Gault - Co-Founder and CEO
- Tim Fitzpatrick - President
- Ain Aaviksoo - Chief Medical Officer
- Karmen Kadakas - Chief Accountant
- Jamie Steiner - GM, Financial Services
- Alok Chawla - GM, Cloud Solutions and Telecommunication
- Tõnis Telga - Head of Engineering
- Tanel Ojalill - Head of Innovation and Research Cooperation
- Bold vision: The cost to the global economy of managing human trust can be measured in the trillions of dollars per year. A whole range of business functions (audit, compliance, cybersecurity, inspection, certification) exist that try to narrow the uncertainty associated with trusting others. However, they fail, with rising cost. Guardtime's vision is a world where these functions no longer exist as they are cryptographically encoded into the design of applications.
- Real-world blockchain use: Applications using Guardtime's HSX API platform have already been deployed by the Estonian E-Health Foundation, China's PuTian Hospital Group, UK NHS, Roche and 10 of the world's largest life science companies.
- Impressive clients & partners: Although it's a relatively young company, Guardtime has managed to attract rather impressive clients and partners, including a few governments and some of the world's largest corporations.
Last update: August 14, 2022
Disclaimer: The content on this page is not an investment advice and does not constitute any offer or solicitation to offer or recommendation of any investment product. It is for general purposes only and does not take into account your individual needs, investment objectives and specific financial circumstances.