Headspace Health Exit Candidate
🏦 Potential exit path: SPAC, IPO
Headspace Health was created by merging Ginger and Headspace with the goal of offering the world's most accessible and comprehensive digital mental health and wellbeing platform. Headspace is known for being one of the first meditation apps in the world and remains a leader in mindfulness and mental training. On the other hand, Ginger offers its members convenient, high-quality mental healthcare — including behavioral health coaching, therapy, and psychiatry — right from a smartphone. Together as Headspace Health, the two companies will serve consumers, employers, and health plans. Their combined expertise in consumer brand, evidence-based interventions, and technology will help improve resilience, reduce stress, and provide treatment to the millions of people experiencing mental health symptoms, from anxiety to depression to more complex diagnoses.
Select partners: Apple, Cigna, Netflix, Microsoft, BBC Studios, Solera Health, AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia.
Select clients: ViacomCBS, Delta Air Lines, Sephora, Starbucks, Adobe, Hyatt, Unilever.
Total 🦄 $215.9M
Key people 🧑🤝🧑
- Russell Glass - CEO of Headspace Health (former CEO of Ginger)
- CeCe Morken - CEO of Headspace
- Karan Singh - Co-Founder & COO of Ginger
- Andy Puddicombe - Co-founder of Talkspace
- Richard Pierson - Co-founder of Talkspace
- Dana Udall, PhD - Chief Clinical Officer of Ginger
- Morgan Selzer - VP of Content and Global Partnerships at Headspace
- Megan Jones Bell - Chief Strategy and Science Officer at Headspace
- Mental health is a huge market, with the World Health Organization estimating that close to 1 billion people worldwide live with a mental disorder, and more than 75% of people worldwide with mental, neurological, and substance use disorders receive no treatment for their condition at all. 🔗
- Headspace Health reaches nearly 100 million lives across 190+ countries through direct-to-consumer business and 2,700+ enterprise and health plan partners around the globe. 🔗
- Headspace was recognized as one of Fast Company's 10 Most Innovative Social Good Companies of 2021, Ad Age's America's Hottest Brands of 2020, and TIME100's Most Influential Companies of 2021.
- Ginger has built one of the world's largest mental health data sets through its Mood Matters study, having conducted research with eight of the top 10 academic medical centers in the U.S. and over 40 medical institutions nationwide. This data, combined with Ginger's internal studies and data-driven quality assurance program, help Ginger to continually improve the high standard of care they deliver, at scale.
- The Headspace app consistently ranks in the top five health & fitness apps in the Apple App Store.
- On average, Ginger members rate their coaching, therapy, and psychiatry sessions 4.7/5.0 stars.
Last update: March 10, 2022
Disclaimer: We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. more