hema.to provides fully automated, AI-powered diagnosis recommendations for blood cancer from flow cytometry data. This, in turn, increases efficiency and quality for hemato-oncology labs using hema.to's cloud-based platform. In order to use it, diagnosticians upload flow data files, and the solution provides them with clinical indications and diagnostic recommendations, which follow expert consensus.
Last round 🔗 €3.6M
June 26, 2023.
June 26, 2023.
Select investors Heal Capital, High-Tech Grunderfonds (HTGF), Elaia
Key people 🧑🤝🧑
- Solving the problem: Cytometry, the clinical analysis of blood data, is a time-consuming exercise, coupled with shortages in laboratory staff, there was much scope for the system to be improved upon. hema.to wants to improve the system by using its cloud-based machine learning platform to personalize the analysis and bring "precision diagnostics to immune medicine."
- Scientifically backed: In a series of papers, the company has demonstrated that its core AI algorithms are capable of hematologist-level B-NHL classifications and that this knowledge can be transferred across different flow protocols. 🔗
- Demonstrated quality: Medical software requires development processes that meet the highest standards. hema.to is a CE-IVD product and is scientifically backed by peer-reviewed publications.
- Key numbers: hema.to supports over 5k diagnoses, offering 99.7% accuracy for strong infiltration cases. Also, more than 75% of cases potentially don't require human intervention.
Awards & Recognitions 🏆
- 2022 Medical Valley Innovation Night: First prize 🔗
We have been convinced by the founding team, composed of three former entrepreneurs from the same company, with three PhD profiles, at a stage where they are going to scale their go to market, which is coherent with our deep tech seed investment thesis. I rejoice because hema.to is Elaia's first investment in Germany.
— Anne-Sophie Carrese, Managing Partner at Elaia Partners 🔗
Last update: July 11, 2023
Disclaimer: We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. more