Neko Health's vision is to create a healthcare system that can help people stay healthy through preventive measures and early detection with the help of sensors and AI. To that end, the company has developed a new medical scanning technology concept to make it possible to do broad and non-invasive health data collection that is convenient and affordable for the public. This approach and technology have already proven popular in Neko's home turf of Sweden.
08-502 427 76
08-502 427 76
Last round 🔗 €60M
July 5, 2023.
July 5, 2023.
Select investors Lakestar, Atomico, General Catalyst, Prima Materia
Key people 🧑🤝🧑
- Solving the problem: Early detection, long before symptoms arise, is necessary, yet it's too easy to deprioritize our health. Especially when doctors and public healthcare providers don't have the time or resources to see less urgent patients. Neko Health's non-intrusive Body Scans, coupled with data analytics, could be the answer to a radical new type of healthcare.
- Full body scan in 10 minutes: Neko's Body Scan takes around 10 minutes to complete, and the results and suggestions are always given during an in-person consultation with the doctor that always follows. This technology can detect changes in the skin as little as 0.2 millimeters because of the utilization of over 70 sensors and 50 million data points collected during the scan.
- Already popular in Sweden: At the time of its Series A raise, Neko Health announced that it sold out all available slots during its initial debut earlier this year in Stockholm in less than two hours. And with over 10,000 people on the waiting list and an 80% rebooking rate following the initial scan, the enthusiasm for its proactive approach to healthcare is still strong.
- Expansion plans: After proving its business case in Sweden, the company plans to expand across Europe while continuing investments in R&D and clinical studies.
- Proven founder: A proven founder means you can quickly raise additional capital and get a ton of free PR. And that's what Neko Health has with Daniel Ek, who previously founded Spotify.
In the news 📰
Neko Health is exactly the type of mission that gets us excited at Atomico. It's that rare combination of a firm with a purpose and outsized ambition, and founders with a world class track record. They're solving a problem we can all relate to, with the potential to fundamentally transform global healthcare forever. In the near-term it can benefit patients, but longer-term it could reduce the burden on healthcare providers globally, improving the support available from our family doctors. I am thrilled to be working with Daniel and Hjalmar on fulfilling their vision to take healthcare from reactive to preventative.
— Niklas Zennström, Atomico Founder and CEO 🔗
Last update: July 12, 2023
Disclaimer: We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. more