Verana Health Exit Candidate
🏦 Potential exit path: SPAC, IPO
Verana Health is committed to delivering quality drug lifecycle and medical practice insights from an exclusive real-world data network. The company is entrusted by a few specialty medical societies to manage data from more than 20,000 healthcare providers and 70 electronic health record systems. Its healthcare data ecosystem is powered by VeraQ, a population health data engine that securely powers a data integrity feedback loop of nearly a half-billion, point-of-care health encounters. By applying advanced analytics to fit-for-purpose, quality data sets (Qdata), Verana Health helps life sciences collaborators generate real-world evidence, advance business insights, and accelerate medical innovations that promote quality of care and quality of life.
Select partners: American Academy of Ophthalmology IRIS Registry, American Academy of Neurology Axon Registry, American Urological Association AQUA Registry, Janssen, Komodo Health.
Last round 🔗 $150M
January 14, 2022.
January 14, 2022.
Select investors JJDC, Novo Growth, GV, Merck Global Health Innovation Fund, Casdin Capital, Breyer Capital, Define Ventures, Biomatics Capital
Key people 🧑🤝🧑
- The company's CEO, Sujay Jadhav, has a background in data and that's very important in today's world. Its previous roles include the Global Vice President at Oracle's Health Sciences Business Unit and the CEO of cloud-based clinical research platform goBalto.
- Verana is sitting on a pile of data, encompassing 90 million patients and data spanning seven years. And that data is these days considered a gold mine that could help deliver new insights and even lead to drug discoveries.
- Going forward, Verana aims ot expand upon its established AI capabilities with a particular focus on its pioneering use of natural language processing (NLP) to extract insights from unstructured text data in EHR notes. 🔗
- "Verana Health has shown incredible growth in its collaboration with leading pharmaceutical companies and medical societies. The Company has assembled a seasoned management team with deep experience in healthcare, science, and business that will continue to expand real-world evidence into multiple therapeutic areas with its unique and powerful health data platform, VeraQ" - Jeffrey Low, MD, Principal at Novo Growth 🔗
- "Verana Health is solving this critical need by delivering and analyzing proprietary, curated data sets (Qdata), from both structured and unstructured data that maintain truth to original clinical context. The company is well-positioned to help healthcare providers advance quality care standards, and life sciences companies accelerate clinical research and bring products to market that benefit both patients and physicians." - David W. Parke II, MD, CEO of the American Academy of Ophthalmology 🔗
Last update: February 7, 2022
Disclaimer: We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. more