MindPeak builds automation tools for visual diagnosis using state-of-the-art artificial intelligence and deep learning. Its tools assist cancer experts in providing reliable and reproducible diagnoses. This frees specialists from tedious, repetitive tasks such as the quantification of cells or biomarkers and allows them to focus on tasks where their human expertise is indispensable. The company works with renowned research institutions, laboratories, and leading pathology service providers. Its software increases the productivity of pathology labs in clinical routine and is immediately ready for use without extensive pre-adjustment.
Select partners: Gestalt Diagnostics, Paige, Sectra, PathPresenter, Crosscope, Smart in Media, Sysmex, Augmentiqs, Inspirata, Fraunhofer Mevis, Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Institut für Hämatopathologie Hamburg, Pathogenomics, Dermatologikum Hamburg, Labor Dr. Fenner & Kollegen, Tribun Health, Unilabs, BioReference Laboratories, Intermountain Healthcare.
+49 40 35 67 67 97
+49 40 35 67 67 97
Select investors IFB Innovationsstarter, Nina Capital, APEX Ventures, Motu Ventures, 11k Ventures
Key people 🧑🤝🧑
- The problem it solves: The demand for medical image analysis is growing rapidly, but the number of cancer experts remains the same - this results in growing workloads per specialist. Mindpeak helps cancer experts meet this challenge.
- Part of the clinical routine: Mindpeak's BreastIHC is the first AI-based diagnostic tool for breast cancer analysis in digital pathology that made it into the clinical routine in the US.
- Proprietary tech: Mindpeak has developed proprietary clinical-grade deep learning architectures that are tailored to pathology and achieve results on par with experts. Combining human experts with Mindpeak's AI leads to accuracies beyond current standards.
- Deep integrations: For the largest benefits in daily routine, Mindpeak's algorithms can be deeply integrated into the pathologist's workflow within partner software to deliver a "true 0-click-solution." Alternatively, the same service is available through the Mindpeak AI Console.
- Great team: The Mindpeak team is made up of the world's leading AI experts and alumni from Cambridge University, UC Berkeley, SCR Princeton and TU Munich. CEO Faber is an experienced entrepreneur with a successful exit and IPO. Co-founder Dr. Tobias Lang developed deep learning solutions for large e-commerce companies that are used by millions of people every day.
Awards & Recognitions 🏆
- 2020 German Founders' Award: One of the top 10 German Startups 🔗
Our investment in Mindpeak is part of our strategy to invest in Deep Tech companies that are centered around a meaningful scientific discovery or unique engineering innovation to improve medical diagnostics and patient outcomes. We are thrilled by Mindpeak's technology and the very positive market response in adopting their products.
— APEX Ventures Partner Dr. Gordon Euller 🔗
We are extremely happy to support an innovative company like Mindpeak who, in my point of view, will play an important role in improving patient care. The city of Hamburg has a strong interest of promoting local champions to form a thriving healthcare startup ecosystem.
— Senator Westhagemann from the City of Hamburg 🔗
The team with its impressing technology is going to enter in a high volume market which is characterized by a very low degree of digitalisation. Mindpeak addresses a high demand for right and quick diagnostics for cancer which will become even more and more important in the future.
— IFH Investment Manager Gencer Sahin 🔗
Last update: January 13, 2023
Disclaimer: We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. more